Sunday, July 12, 2009

*Life's lessons*

This week was a very stressful week! It was one of those weeks where one thing seemed to happen after another, and to top it off i got a call from a member of the bishopric asking me to speak in church!  I was really scared to do this but i decided it was what i needed, and i am so grateful i accepted. 

I had my brother give me a priesthood blessing the night i got the phone call and it was the most spiritual experience. I am grateful i have him up here in Utah! I don't know what i would do without him! Along with his love for me, i also had my family tell me they were praying for me, and it truly worked. Because of all my loved ones support and prayers, and also the help from the Lord, i was able to be calm and give my talk exactly how i wanted to. I truly had a week full of events that i will always remember. I am so grateful for this week, for in our trials and hardships comes great blessings.
 
Here are a few quotes i used today in my talk, i love quotes!!

*James E. Faust "Caring for others is the very essence of priesthood responsibility. It is the power to bless, to heal and to administer the saving ordinances of the gospel.......the priesthood operates in a system of sublime order."

* Julie B. Beck "The priesthood is intricately woven into who we are and have ever been. As sons and daughters of God, we each have unique responsibilities and roles, and through blessings of the priesthood, we are all given  equal partnerships, gifts, and blessings."

* Robert D. Hales "Brothers and sisters, can you imagine how dark and empty mortality would be if there were no priesthood? If the power of the priesthood were not upon the earth, the adversary would have freedom to roam and reign without restraint. There would be no gift of the Holy Ghost to direct and enlighten us; no prophets to speak in the name of the Lord; no temples where we could make sacred, eternal covenants; no authority to bless of baptize, to heal or comfort. Without the power of the priesthood, 'the whole earth would be utterly wasted'". 

2 comments:

  1. Lacey I am so proud of you! Joslyn said your talk was amazing! Doesn't feel good when you do hard things. I am so proud of you both because you are both doing hard things and will grow so much from this experience.

    She told me about your car experience! UGGGG! That is so frusterating. That same thing happened to me in Utah! I still remember how frusterating it was!

    I love all the pictures on your blog...you are so photogenic and beautiful!
    Love ya and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey,

    I loved these quotes about the Priesthood. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete