Sunday, May 31, 2009

*First Weekend in Utah*

Joslyn and I hiked to the Y this weekend and wow was it harder than we thought! We both woke up so sore, maybe we should start working out again!?? ha ha Now every time we see the Y we feel so good about ourselves! :)



We then went to Landon's ward on sunday and it was a wonderful meeting. (Landon gave a WONDERFUL sunday school lesson! You are my hero!) The talks were based on facing adversity and having an eternal perspective in our everyday lives. Especially at this point in my life when i am starting to make important decisions on my own i need to make sure i am making time for the Lord. I have only been on my own for a week but i already feel my testimony growing. I have recently been asking the Lord for direction and i came across a talk i really liked about personal revelation. Here is a clip from it,

“When He answers yes, it is to give us confidence. When He answers no it is to prevent error. When he withholds an answer, it is to have us grow through faith in Him, obedience to His commandments, and a willingness to act on truth.” By Elder L. Lionel Kendrick of the seventy.


I enjoyed the spirit today that i felt in that ward, and it makes me so excited to finally go to a singles ward. Everything happens for a reason, and i know there is a reason i am where i am today! Wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. Love that quote. By the way, Warren used your quote up there by Gordon B. in a lesson to the youth! Thanks!! Will you please email me your email address. I am going to make my blog private and want to send you an "invite".

    mcoates91@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you two! Way to go! Isn't it awesome when you do hard things. I always tell Joslyn she can do anything after what she has been through! You both are awesome and I am so glad you are experiencing such an adventure together. Give her a big hug from me and have her give you one back from me. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah. im laughing so hard my stomach hurts.. wow. i get my ab work out from laughing so hard. seriously. haha. i love you. why is it so hard to fall asleep at a decent hour. Seriously i cant stop laughing.. maybe when youre in your bed tonight you will call me or text me like you did this week.

    p.s. i just hurt myself again.

    ReplyDelete